Cooler weather means warmer food. Each day retains less and less heat, and turning on the oven has become more of a blessing than a curse. The air is crisp and even the scents that it carries have changed. Autumn is among us and we welcome it with open arms.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those who love mushrooms, and those who don’t. I am one of those people who love them. Hopefully you are too, but if not, there’s bound to be a mushroom-lover in your circle that you could share this post with!
Mushrooms are one of my favorite foods and I love that they can be added to almost any dish. This stuffed version makes a wonderful starter before the main course, or even a tasty small meal just themselves!
12 stuffing mushrooms
3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 clove minced garlic
5 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp salt
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems from caps.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add in spinach and cook down until wilted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a minute.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and salt.
- Gently fill the center of each mushroom with mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.